2566 Barrington Court Hayward, California 94545
We are conducting a confidential search for a leading forensic investigations firm used in complex, high-stakes and large-scale construction litigation throughout the Western United States. Our staff of architects, engineers, specialty contractors and general contractors investigate, evaluate and develop construction protocol that can be utilized for rebuild or renovation of projects. We work with attorneys, owners, developers, contractors and insurers in both litigated and non-litigated construction matters.
Our architects, engineering and construction team has extensive experience in the analysis and design of various structural types for educational buildings, hospitals, public, industrial, and residential buildings, with each professional bringing their specific expertise. The team of professionals have thorough knowledge of design standards, project management, contract negotiations, cost estimating and/or bidding process consulting. School districts, owners and builders hire this team of architects for design architects and general contractors specifically qualified to consult and testify regarding building defects, design and construction-related bodily injury claims.
Ideal candidate will have field experience, some project management and cost estimating experience. This professional must be able to multi-task handling simultaneous projects, performing field inspections, analyzing data, drafting reports and communicating effectively with staff, lead consultants and clients. Must be articulate.
The associate will be responsible for field investigation, assessment of site conditions, analysis of data, preparation of reports, cost estimates, attend and coordinate meetings with clients and assist lead consultants, architects and engineers with their assignments. Travel to site inspections will be required. The candidate should feel as comfortable working in the office setting as he or she is working in the field.
- 3-5 years of experience working in the construction/design field- depending on candidate may consider less time
- Field experience performing and supervising residential, commercial and/or industrial construction
- Experience undertaking field inspections and data gathering of residential, commercial and/or industrial structures for code compliance and assessment
- Experience in cost estimating and project management/scheduling
- Construction management/sciences, architect or engineer degree or certificate a plus; Contractors license also a plus
- Computer skills must include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)- proficiency in Excel a plus