Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Manager will lead the customer service team to provide market leading customer support, ensuring all customer expectations are exceeded to drive satisfaction, loyalty, retention, and advocacy. You will manage all day-to-day customer queries through all communication channels and make it your mission to delight customers by quickly providing solutions through the channel of their choice. You will also provide valuable consumer feedback to key stakeholders to continually inform product, marketing and customer experience improvements.
You are an experienced customer service manager with a minimum of 7 years experience. You will have managed customer service in the past for a for a consumer brand (consumer electronics or sporting product, ideally with a hardware product and companion app). The ideal candidate for this role will be a highly-organized individual who is self-motivated, has excellent communication skills, and can work both independently and collaboratively as needed.
Practical in approach and a great team player, you are excited to establish the reputation for superior customer service for a great young brand. You are comfortable collaborating with Product, Marketing and Sales to execute strategy and support. You thrive on rolling up your sleeves and getting involved and have a proven track record of using an entrepreneurial approach to maximize results. If currently working for a large organization, it is essential that you can demonstrate how you will be able to adapt to a small company where processes will develop in line with our growth. You’ re a hands-on team player, able to work in a very fast environment and hungry to help a young company develop into a great brand.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ Years experience of B2C customer service with team management responsibility and some experience managing B2B orders for smaller customers
- Consumer electronics background on products with hardware and software components
- Working knowledge of customer service tools, ecommerce platforms (preferably Magento) and social media (esp. Twitter)
- Ability to work cross-departmentally (inc. UK HQ) and be able to work independently
- Team player mentality with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to different audiences and levels of authority
- Ability to show initiative and make decisions with limited information at times
- Ability to show empathy with the customer while also keeping business goals top of mind
- Experience with operational processes
- Ability to think strategically and provide strong leadership
- Work in a very fast (faster than FMCG) environment
- Be adaptable – deal with uncertainty and change
- Self-starter, ability to work in entrepreneurial environment
- Strong drive to be successful and build a young brand with standout customer support
- Knowledge of smart and wearable technology market and a personal interest in technology, sports and running is ideal