187 West Orangethorpe Suite 101 Placentia, CA 92870
The position of Estimator has been established to enhance the profitability of the business by producing and assembling bids that accurately reflect projects within clients scope and experience. The Estimator will build and maintain relationships with clients and problem solve some of the most complex estimating issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for management purposes, preparing bids, qualifying vendors and subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Manage, oversee and perform all take-off and quantity surveys per company standardized procedures.
- Solicit subcontractor, and material/equipment quotes from company approved vendors in a strategic manner all the while optimizing our strategic objectives and competitive results.
- Attend pre-bid job meetings and site surveys when required.
- Prepare bid summary ensuring the computed bid price includes all correct factors.
- Organize, manage and coordinate the activities of bid day to ensure that we execute the submission in a strategic manner to give ourselves the best chance for success.
- Execute bid activities in concert with company and department SOPs. Prepare and submit scope letters, bid forms and other bid submissions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Spread and qualify subcontract bids and material quotations per company procedures ensuring the low responsive quotation is utilized.
- Generate RFIs when appropriate prior to bidding and send to appropriate entity.
- Conduct special studies to develop and analyze new material and installation procedures and related cost data to determine the effect of possible cost reductions.
- Participate in Pre-Construction meetings of estimating personnel to discuss department objectives and goals.
- Understand the need and manage or assist Project Management in estimating change orders or other project needs as related to pre-construction functions.
- Work independently or with a team when needed to complete estimates and proposals in a timely and efficient manner.
Key 30, 60, 90 Day Accomplishments
- Become familiar work RBT Electric business model and processes
- Build relationship and interact effectively with RBT Electric customers
- 4+ years of relevant electrical estimating experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree in related field preferred (Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, 0 Accounting/Finance, etc.)
- CPE “ Certified Professional Electrical Estimator” a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, ConstructJob, MS Project, or other related Construction Management software
- Proficiency in Accubid or other related Construction Estimating software
- Proven experience estimating relevant projects in the size of $500k - $2 million