Project Engineer (Data Center)
Santa Clara, California 95051
Client Industry: Information Technology and Services
Client Specialty: Data Center, Green Data Centers, Advance Electrical & Mechanical Services
Travel: 5% or less
Division: DEC (Design, Engineering & Construction)
Reports: Director of Construction, PM and/or Superintendent
Position Location: South Bay Region
Position Status: Full Time Hire
Project Engineers will be working on the owner’ s side of the business that will be managing individual tasks through the construction process (e.g. -change orders, RFI’ s). PE’ s will transcribe meeting minutes & action items to drive item closures, prepare agendas & documents for weekly meetings. Administer project closeout specifications and associate turnover documentation. Assisting PM in preparing financial updates & forecast. Coordinate closely with operations, manage design team and third party contractors throughout each stage of project.
Working with the Design, Engineering & Construction (DEC) Team you will be directly responsible or supporting the entire process flow of delivering data centers from conception through commissioning. DEC works closely with partner contractors to come up with a vertically integrated design and manages these partners to success through technical feedback and review and actively participating in review schedule & budget.
Many times, a role within this type of team with similar and other companies is purely oversight. This technical staff is given the responsibility and authority to directly drive the process. When compared to external resources, the DEC may or may not align long-term operational sustainability with value engineering and cost metrics to deliver products aligned with corporate goals. This approach empowers each member of the team to drive high- impact decisions and even more impactful results.
- BS in Construction Management or similar technical fields (e.g. Mechanical, Sustainability, Electrical or Structural Engineering)
- Minimum of 3 years in the construction industry and in a Project Engineering role that assists or supervises construction projects of increasing complexity
- Understanding and experience in CSA and MEP built & construction environment
- Data Center experienced is preferred but not required
ADDITIONAL COMPANY INSIGHT
If you consider the following employer, you can expect
- Well trained co-workers, passionate & fair management, that all support in maintaining or creating state of the art facilities
- Management has embraced professional feedback and has shown through action and changed management that employee’ s voices are heard and operational excellence from listening to front line team members
- Individual actions are noticed and employees have expressed them feeling truly apart of contributing to the bottom line and making the company successful
- Management is determined for operational brilliance, and the results have been quick and consistent