Project Manager (Interior Construction)
San Jose, California 95120
Our project managers sell, estimate, schedule, manage and oversee all aspects of their own construction projects. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where your earning potential is directly tied to your profitability on projects, this role is for you. You will be responsible for building and mentoring your team of Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers and Project Coordinators. You will establish your own book of business while forging relationships with clients, architects, construction managers, brokers, property managers and subcontractors. You will be expected to attend client presentations, networking events and industry functions as a representative of the company.
SUCCESS CRITERIA FOR POSITION
- Managing (4-8) interior construction projects at a time within designated time frame (weeks/few months) in full cycle (preconstruction, site prep, construction oversight management to project closeout).
- Business Development Activities preferred
- Manage and mentor team of (Assistant PM’ s, PE’ s, Project Administrators) to drive client project success while empowering internal workforce
- Must be able to demonstrate & provide testimonials of successful execution of the above “ POSITION SUMMARY” as well articulate he or she’ s specific process on how they are successful
- Minimum 3-5 years of working in construction industry with a minimum of 2 years within a Project Manager role responsible for commercial construction
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in construction management, engineering, or a related field preferred.
- LEED accreditation, CPM scheduling experience and estimating experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Procore, Timberline, PlanGrid, BlueBeam and PlanGrid
- Commercial General Contractor, Tenant Improvements, Interior Office Renovations, Building Infrastructure, Data Centers, Design Build, Value Engineering
- 100% employee-owned general contractor
- Over 20 years in business with 5 Bay Area Offices to include S.F., South Bay and East Bay Regions
- Average of 10-12+ projects in a year, employees here enjoy the visibility & change of different projects frequently and pace
- 65 Construction Management & Support Staff; 45 Union Carpenters (Consistent growth for last half decade)
- Positive reviews and comments from Glassdoor
- Employee review process includes a performance & goal setting meeting in February and a follow up in August on progression and accomplishment on goals to determine promotion path. Salary review is conducted in January and a follow up in June for financial goal.
- Interview process will consist of (4-5) steps to include (1) management interview with candidate (2) completion of personality/skills assessment (3) team interview with candidate (4) interview with Sr. Management (5) conduct verification and reference checks. Order of process subject to change depending on calendar scheduling.